commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io] Make requirement Java 7?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:28:33 GMT
Le 26/04/2016 14:57, Dave Brosius a écrit :

> The extra management that's required is not worth the
> 2 people who want a new version of commons-io for java 6. We are talking
> about an end of life date coming up on 4 years.

There is no extra management besides configuring the Maven compiler
plugin to generate Java 6 bytecode and refraining from using Java 7 APIs
unless absolutely required (and preferably in dedicated classes).

commons-io is our most used component, we have to be conservative as it
impacts many projects.

Emmanuel Bourg