commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: [io] Make requirement Java 7?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:57:16 GMT
People stuck on Java 6, for whatever inane reason, are in a very
restrictive use case, and as such are not likely doing 'progressive'
things like upgrading 3rdparty jars. I just don't see the point of
trying to support some of the new release's code base on java 6, and
others on java 7. The extra management that's required is not worth the
2 people who want a new version of commons-io for java 6. We are talking
about an end of life date coming up on 4 years.

Just upgrade the whole thing to 7.

-dave