commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Haifeng" <haifeng.c...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS][CHIMERA] Name for the new component
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 01:35:21 GMT
Thanks Benedikt so much for your effort driving this and all folks for support.
The developers at the original github also made improvements towards Apache Commons such as
the API doc, user guide and site.

Haifeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Benedikt Ritter [mailto:britter@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, April 1, 2016 10:11 PM
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS][CHIMERA] Name for the new component

Hi,

as promised here is a tally up of the name proposals:

Apache Commons EasyCrypt (sebb, Emmanuel Bourg)

Apache Commons Crypto (Uma Gangumalla, Gary Gregory, Haifeng Chen, Cheng A Xu, Uwe Barthel,
Dapeng Sun, Ralph Goers, myself)

Note that I've only counted the first vote by people who had several proposals.

I think we should go with Apache Commons Crypto, since the majority of people like it, and
it seems to be the preference of the initial committers.

If anybody sees the need for a formal vote instead, please object to this with the next few
days. Otherwise, I'm going to request a git repository and GitHub mirror from infra at the
beginning of next week and will start setting up the project.

Thank you!
Benedikt

Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> schrieb am Fr., 25. März 2016 um
15:04 Uhr: