commons-dev mailing list archives

From HotFusion...@yahoo.com.INVALID
Subject Re: [Math] "rebase" vs "merge" (Was: RNG refactoring)
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 22:33:52 GMT
Unlike a regular merge, rebase applies a branch's commits' changes onto the specified commit
(which is typically identified by specifying a branch name), in the same order as they appear
in the branch that is being rebased. The name of the command says that you are redefining
the "base", in other words, the starting point, of the branch. Depending on the changes made
by those commits, you may see what appears to be the same commit/change applied more than
once. See http://ProGit.org/book for great explanations of this and other Git features.

Al