commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS][CHIMERA] Name for the new component
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 14:04:11 GMT
Hi,

after we've accepted the Chimera project [1] as new Apache Commons project,
it's time to decide on a name. I've used Apache Commons Crypto in the past,
but some have argued that it isn't to the point.
I'd like to find a name the same way we did it for the potential Math TLP.
Just add your idea to this thread and we'll tally them up after the easter
weekend. The name with the most nominations wins :-)
Please remember that Apache Commons component names should be short and
descriptive.

Here are my proposals:

Apache Commons Crypto
Apache Commons Crypto Libs