commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] digging for deps
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 15:19:54 GMT
I would find it annoying if the bin zip included dependencies that I
already have, and don't need to download again.
Or the bin zip was created a while ago and I already have more recent
versions of some of the dependencies, so I have to tidy up the
download.

We should only provide a compiled version of the released source in
the standard binary archives.

However, if there were a separate zip with all the dependencies
(assuming they can be distributed by the ASF) that would be OK by me,
so long as it was clear what the bundle contained.