commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1729274 [3/7] - in /commons/proper/dbcp/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/cpdsadapter/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/datasources/ main/java/org/apache/commons/dbcp2/managed/ test/java/or...
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 23:24:57 GMT
On Feb 8, 2016 3:17 PM, "Emmanuel Bourg" <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 8/02/2016 23:51, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>
> > It's simpler to be consistent when using final IMO. The intent is the
same:
> > https://garygregory.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/the-final-kiss-in-java/
>
> "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind here. I
> understand the intent but I don't think it's a good idea for catch
> statements. It brings no technical benefit and harms the readability.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I'd rather have less room for error than succinct code. Java is verbose by
design anyway. I want the compiler to stop me from possibly doing something
silly. If I really want to assign to the exception var, then I can remove
the final.

"Diff'rent strokes for diff'renr folks".

More quotes! As opposed to "more cowbell!"

:-)

Gary