commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] ConvergenceChecker
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 23:40:57 GMT

On 02/05/2016 04:42 PM, Evan Ward wrote:
> Yes, I use it. In some cases it is useful to watch the RMS residuals
So if it were modularized and supported logging then this might satisfy the same requirement?
> , in
> other cases to watch the change in the states. I think it is there from
> an acknowledgement that we can't enumerate all possible convergence
> criteria,
Has there ever been a case where the 'standard' convergence approach has been insufficient?

Also could you please look at this:

     public static LeastSquaresProblem countEvaluations(final LeastSquaresProblem problem,
                                                        final Incrementor counter) {
         return new LeastSquaresAdapter(problem) {

             /** {@inheritDoc} */
             @Override
             public Evaluation evaluate(final RealVector point) {
                 counter.incrementCount();
                 return super.evaluate(point);
             }

             // Delegate the rest.