commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xu, Cheng A" <>
Subject RE: [crypto][chimera] Next steps
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 02:03:59 GMT
At this point, it has just Java interfaces only.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin P. McCabe [] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:29 AM
To: Hadoop Common
Cc: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [crypto][chimera] Next steps

I would highly recommend shading this library when it is used in
Hadoop and/or Spark, to prevent version skew problems between Hadoop
and Spark like we have had in the past.

What is the strategy for handling JNI components?  I think at a
minimum, we should include the version number in the native library
name to avoid problems when deploying multiple versions of Chimera.
This is something that has been problematic in Hadoop with

Is this library going to have Scala interfaces as well as Java ones,
or just Java?


On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 3:15 AM, Benedikt Ritter <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to discuss the next steps for moving the Chimera component to
> Apache Commons. So far, none of the other PMC members has expressed his or
> her thoughts about this. If nobody brings up objections about moving the
> component to Apache Commons, I'm assuming lazy consensus about this.
> So the next steps would be:
> - decide on a name for the new component (my proposal was Apache Commons
> Crypto)
> - move code to an Apache repo (probably git?!)
> - request a Jira project
> - setup maven build
> - setup project website
> - work on an initial release under Apache Commons coordinates
> Anything missing?
> Regards,
> Benedikt
> --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message