commons-dev mailing list archives

From Krishnakumar Parasuram <parasuram.krishna.ku...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: FW: Maintain sub pools within Commons pool - is it possible
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:06:31 GMT
Hi Jochen,

Thanks for your message.  The difference between to two separate pools is that in our framework
we don't know exactly how many no of separate pool we might require, it is not two, but can
scale more than 10, 20 in production environment and I think to have so many pools and that
to we have to create dynamically at runtime, not practical

If it was a sub pool, I can always create the sub pool based on demand at runtime.  Moreover
we have few parameters for each sub pool to maintain a min and max connection objects, which
parameters can be different for each sub pool and cannot be implemented while design as we
do not know these value of these parameters at design time.

Please let me know if this answers your question else let know

Regards
Krishnakumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishnakumar Parasuram
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:28 PM
To: Phil Steitz; dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: RE: FW: Maintain sub pools within Commons pool - is it possible

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message.  First , how do I respond to your message. I have added the dev@commons.apache.org
in this mail.

I am already using the keyedObjectPool, but the keyedObjectPool give me only one level of
grouping i.e if the Key->A then I can group all the connection for A, but I need two levels
of grouping i.e.

The ObjectManger1 will contain the connection for A,B,C... so with the existing implementation
if I query for the Key->A then I will get the connection under ObjectManager1->A connection,

But my requirement is I want to have groups like ObjectManager1 with A,B,C ...  and

ObjectManaer2 with A,B,C ...

ObjectManager3 with A,B,C and so on

So when I request for a connection for A, I have the option to choose the A from ObjectManager1,
ObjectManager2, or ObjectManager3 by selecting ObjectManagerX.

Is this kind of implementation possible?

Regards
Krishnakumar