commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintain sub pools within Commons pool - is it possible
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:37:08 GMT
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Krishnakumar Parasuram
<parasuram.krishna.kumar@oracle.com> wrote:

> We are using Apache commons pool 2.2 for pooling connection object to connect between
our REST framework to Siebel Server.

> Everything works fine for what I have implemented.  But I want to enhance this framework.
 The existing implementation maintains the connection object for a particular group called
ObjectManger1.  Now I want to maintain the connection for multiple groups like ObjectManager1,
ObjectManager2 . and so on.  Is it possible to implement this kind using commons pool.

> I want a subpool to be maintained for each ObjectManager_x  within the commons pool

Could you please explain, what you have in mind technically? What
would be the difference between two separate pools, and
parent/subpool?

Thanks,

Jochen