commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintain sub pools within Commons pool - is it possible
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:36:30 GMT
On 1/28/16 12:43 AM, Krishnakumar Parasuram wrote:
> Hi
>

> We are using Apache commons pool 2.2 for pooling connection object to connect between
our REST framework to Siebel Server.

> Everything works fine for what I have implemented.  But I want to enhance this framework.
 The existing implementation maintains the connection object for a particular group called
ObjectManger1.  Now I want to maintain the connection for multiple groups like ObjectManager1,
ObjectManager2 . and so on.  Is it possible to implement this kind using commons pool.

> I want a subpool to be maintained for each ObjectManager_x  within the commons pool

You might be able to accomplish your goals using a KeyedObjectPool.
See the javadoc for that class.

Phil