commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Name of the new TLP
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 13:13:42 GMT
On 1/25/16 10:58 PM, Chas Honton wrote:
> Using the list from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areas_of_mathematics, the current
commons math appears to be a sub-set of numerical analysis algorithms.  Is this correct?

We also have some statistics, geometry, machine learning and various
other things, so while a lot of what we have could be clubbed under
numerical analysis, that is not all there is.  Also, there is a fair
amount of basic numerical analysis missing.  Patches welcome :)

Phil