commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Matrix parallel operations
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2016 20:49:37 GMT
[...]
> I am curious to see how this compares to simple for-loops which I can
> imagine help the JIT compiler to do loop unrolling and to make use of
> instruction-level parallelism.
Otmar,

Just read another article that evaluated some of Angelika Langers results.
http://blog.codefx.org/java/stream-performance/

Here's a quote:

(Don’t ask me why for the arithmetic operation streaming the array’s elements is faster
than looping over them. I have been banging my head against that wall for a while.)

I'm hoping that streaming is faster for Vectors than using the current built in iterator for
things like scalar addition, etc.

Cheers,
Ole