commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] Matrix parallel operations
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2016 03:38:14 GMT
Hi,

Hope ya'll are having an awesome new year!

Some matrix operations, like createRealIdentityMatrix can be turned into one liners like this:

        IntStream.range(0, dimension).forEach(i -> m.setEntry(i, i, 1.0));

And can be performed in parallel like this:
         IntStream.range(0, dimension).parallel().forEach(i -> m.setEntry(i, i, 1.0));

Applying that approach in general we could probably create a ParallelXxxRealMatrix fairly
easily.   Just thought I'd float the idea.

Cheers,
Ole