commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jexl] Call for review of JEXL 3.0
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 16:23:36 GMT
On 8 December 2015 at 17:18, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> JEXL 3.0 is ready to be released, thanks to the efforts of Henri
> Biestro. I'd like to help a bit and manage the next release, however
> before cutting the release I'd like to call for reviews of the code
> base, so the vote can then focus on checking the artifacts.

I made some fixes to eliminate all protected and public variables
(except static constants) in the non-internal code.
Mostly there were already getters/setters so I used those.
Some fields have been left as package-protected; this was easier than
adding setter/getters, and the fields can still be made private later
without breaking the API.
(3rd party code should not rely on package-protected items of any kind)

Since this is a new release, there is no API to break, and the changes
will allow subsequent changes without needing to break the API.

I also had to fix the download page settings in the POM.
Note that the CP default is to use the artifactId as the archive name prefix.
Since this has changed, the historic releases have a different
artifact id, so the name has to be overridden.

> If no outstanding issue is raised I'll start the vote on Friday.

Note: I think Jexl 2.1.2 could also be released.
I don't have time this year.