commons-dev mailing list archives

From Himanshu <g.himan...@gmail.com>
Subject [Proposal] simple expression language in commons-math
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 04:48:00 GMT
Hi,

Recently I needed to embed support for simple math expressions in my
project. Example grammar is...

expr : ('-'|'!') expr
     | expr '^' expr
     | expr ('*'|'/'|'%') expr
     | expr ('+'|'-') expr
     | expr ('<'|'<='|'>'|'>='|'=='|'!=') expr
     | '(' expr  ')'
     | ID
     | DOUBLE
     | LONG
     ;

with basic math functions like sqrt supported in the expressions. I thought
such expression language would be available in commons-math, but it is not
(please correct me if I am wrong).

I am working on it already for my project and would love to contribute to
commons-math. Just wondering, How likely is commons community ready to
accept same?

-- Himanshu