commons-dev mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject [VFS] 2.1 Release State
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:03:04 GMT

We have started down this path several times before. I'd like to revisit it as the Accumulo
community is dependent on Commons VFS. I have been advising people to download the 2.1-SNAPSHOT
jar from Continuum as it resolves several issues for our users. Can the Accumulo community
provide any assistance in getting 2.1 out the door?

According to the release state wiki[1], we are not waiting on any other JIRA issues to be
resolved. Is this correct as there are 3 issues in JIRA with a 2.1 FixVersion?

I have been advising people to download the 2.1-SNAPSHOT jar from Continuum as it resolves
several issues for our users. Can the Accumulo community provide any assistance in getting
2.1 out the door? I have some questions based on the release state wiki page:

1. Are there instructions for running Clirr?
2. Is the manual release process documented somewhere?
3. Can the release candidate be created by someone with only committer privileges, or do they
need other privileges?

Thanks,

Dave

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/commons/VfsReleaseState