commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Collections 3.2.2 Based on RC2
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:14:49 GMT
Hi Thomas,

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1116/commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2.2/

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_3_2_2_RC2
>     (svn revision 1713883)
>
> Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/3.2.2/RC2/
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 3.2.1):
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/3.2.2/RC2/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/3.2.2/RC2/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>

> Considering that this is a security related release and that RC1 did not
> show any functional problems with the release, I plan to close this vote
> in 24 from now, i.e. after 1800 GMT 12-November 2015
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

-1,

sorry, but there's a regression

The package claims to be compatible with Java 1.3. Well, I don't have 1.3
anymore, but 1.4. And I can build CC-3.2.1 and run all tests with Blackdown
JDK 1.4 and Maven 2.0.11.

For CC-3.2.2 I have to use at least Java 5 and Maven 3.0(.5):

- Using java-1.4 profile: Build fails, because tests no longer compile
- Sun JDK 1.5: TestAllPackages fails due to SecurityException:
================== %< ==================
Running org.apache.commons.collections.TestAllPackages
java.lang.SecurityException
        at
org.apache.commons.collections.TestExtendedProperties$1.checkPropertyAccess(TestExtendedProperties.java:322)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(System.java:628)
        at
sun.security.action.GetPropertyAction.run(GetPropertyAction.java:66)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(PrintWriter.java:77)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.<init>(PrintWriter.java:61)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.report.LegacyPojoStackTraceWriter.writeTraceToString(LegacyPojoStackTraceWriter.java:56)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkingRunListener.encode(ForkingRunListener.java:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:119)
================== %< ==================
- Sun JDK 1.6: OK
- Oracle JDK 1.7: OK
- IBM JDK 1.5: OK (!!)
- IBM JDK 1.6 (J9 2.4): fails (as expected, same for CC-3.2.1)
- IBM JDK 1.7: OK (!!)
- IcedTea 6 (OpenJDK): TestAllPackages fails due to SecurityException:
[...]
- IcedTea 7 (OpenJDK): OK

TestExtendedProperties.testActiveSecurityManager is the only test using a
SM, but I wonder, why it fails the test now, because both failing JDKs have
no problem building CC-3.2.1 (using Maven 3.0.5) and all tests pass fine.

Cheers,
Jörg