commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eirik Bjørsnøs' notsoserial deserialization protection agent, for Commons?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:33:17 GMT
Hi Eirik,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Eirik Bjørsnøs <eirbjo@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Do we need a declare a "winner" between notsoserial and IO-487..

I don't think so, definitely not - both are useful tools for different
use cases.

> ...My take is that if a donation to Apache Commons can make people be more
> aware that this solution exists and that is a benefit for Commons and the
> community at large, then I'm not opposed to a donation...

Ok, that was my intention in suggesting a donation. The term "I'm not
opposed" can mean different things in different cultures, I suppose
(or hope) it has a positive meaning in yours ;-)

> ...For my own personal interests, keeping it a Github project is probably
> simpler as Torsten mentions. ..

Yes it makes decisions easier and quicker, OTOH if you look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-487 I find it quite
impressive how the code has evolved from the original idea based on
the collective feedback and code ideas provided by others. In general,
community work means much better things in the end even though it
might take longer to get there (ok, I'm a bit biased given my
involvement in the ASF in the last few years).

-Bertrand