commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Plan for 2.2
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:44:41 GMT
On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a few open issues that I would appreciate some feedback /
> patches for so we can start rolling 2.2 RCs.
>
> DBCP-448:  I am leaning toward the resolution that I suggested in
> the ticket (basically have a config option that makes the properties
> effectively write-only).  Any better ideas?
> DBCP-436:  WONT_FIX.  Drivers should handle this intelligently.  If
> someone wants to take on the science project to efficiently and
> safely implement the feature, I will not stand in the way, though.
> DBCP-427:  Now we are at 2.2, we can change the defaults, IMO, and
> we should do that.
> DBCP-388:  Can moves down road.  Patches welcome for the [pool] feature!

I commented in the tickets.

For DBCP-388, it seems like Oracle has fixed a bug, so I would close this
ticket until it becomes a problem for a different driver.

Otherwise, we would make our code more complicated. Or we'd want to make it
configurable in some way to support driver like the Oracle driver that are
pre-fix vs. post-fix.

RERO! :-)

Gary