commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: MathArrays -> JogAmp -> OpenCL
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 21:26:47 GMT
On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 20:58:14 +0000, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> Is anyone interested in some GPU support for MathArrays by using,
> say, the
> JogAmp bindings and OpenCL methods. I have implemented such an
> architecture
> for my own convolution library I am developing, and it would not be
> much
> trouble for me to add this kind of support for commons-math some time
> in
> the new year.
>
> It would require the user to install the JOCL glue libraries to make
> use of
> this and this may be out side of the commons mission. Overall I find
> JogAmp
> very convenient and its creators support it.

There were some recent and not so recent discussions on parallel
processing
as a way to enhance the performance of CM.

Actual experiments are certainly welcome to figure out the best way(s)
to go.

And this would probably be a nice addition to the userguide.
Could you give pointers to the utilities and a slightly more detailed
description
of the intended usage?

Thanks,
Gilles