commons-dev mailing list archives

From Uwe Barthel <bart...@x-reizend.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Naomi
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 10:35:29 GMT
Hi Siegfried,

Thanks for your clarification.

It's really commonly use to bypass the incubator for small projects to become Apache Commons
subproject status?

I’m a contributor and not deeply involved to assimilate new projects in ASF. Thats is, why
I vote with zero.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Barthel
--
barthel@x-reizend.de

> On 31 Oct 2015, at 11:01, Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Uwe,
>
> for such small components Apache incubator is sort of overkill - setup can be daunting
and Naomi is unlikely to attract a large community. That’s the reason why small potential
ASF projects are looking for an umbrella project and Apache Commons is designed to be such
an umbrella project - AFAIK every ASF committer has commit rights on sandbox components (anyone
out there who knows that for sure)