commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Math] Compile only top-level package and below
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 13:08:09 GMT
Hello.

There are two branches for Commons Math.

For one, the top-level Java package is
   org.apache.commons.math4
For the other, it is
   org.apache.commons.math3

Unless I'm mistaken, this should imply that maven tries to compile
only files under either
   src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math4
   src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math4
or
   src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3
   src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3

But it happens that I have currently files in "math3" not currently
checked in into git: those are new files which git does not remove
when switching branches.
Then when starting a compilation in "master" (where the top-level
is "math4"), lots of compilation errors occur.

The "source" top-level directories do not seem to be specified
in the project's POM.
Can the parent be changed in order to produce the desired behaviour?

Or is there a workaround?
Is there a better way to handle the situation (short of manually
moving the source files back and forth)?

Thanks,
Gilles