commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BCEL] deprecation of getClassName in generic/FieldOrMethod
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 10:11:57 GMT
On 4 September 2015 at 18:46, Mark Roberts <markro@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
> I read and understood the comment as to the reasoning, but the problem is the shared
code nature of FieldOrMethod.

What comment was that?

> When dealing with a method you know a priori that the object cannot be an array.  Now
to get the ClassName of an InvokeInstruction operand you must say invoke.getReferenceType(cp).getClassName().
 This seems pretty awkward.  One solution might be to provide an override version of getClassName
in InvokeInstruction.

I think that's what I'm suggesting in BCEL-262. I just want to be sure
I have got it right.