commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1697267 - in /commons/proper/bcel/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/bcel6: classfile/ generic/ verifier/structurals/
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 18:39:05 GMT
As a reminder of what a -1 means on a commit, please see
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html, specifically:

"For code-modification votes, +1 votes are in favour of the proposal, but
-1 votes are vetos and kill the proposal dead until all vetoers withdraw
their -1 votes."

and:

"A code-modification proposal may be stopped dead in its tracks by a -1
vote by a qualified voter. This constitutes a veto, and it cannot be
overruled nor overridden by anyone. Vetos stand until and unless withdrawn
by their casters.

To prevent vetos from being used capriciously, they must be accompanied by
a technical justification showing why the change is bad (opens a security
exposure, negatively affects performance, etc. ). A veto without a
justification is invalid and has no weight."

Gary