commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Math] Utilization of Lombok
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 13:31:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm going to utilize Lombok in a CM design experiment.  Once the experiment is done CM can
decide if it likes Lombok.  I know that CM tries to stay dependency free, so I just want to
make clear that Lombok is compile time only:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6107197/how-does-lombok-work

Lombok eliminates the need to code boilerplate plate code, like getters, setters, toString().
 It can also generate a fluid builder for configuration objects, check for null arguments,
etc.  It also has an @Synchronized annotation that is an improvement on the synchronized keyword.

Lombok alters the byte code, keeping the source code clean and minimal.  The additional generated
code and be seen using an Eclipse plugin.  So for example when looking at the outline view,
you can see the generated getters, etc.

https://standardofnorms.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/reducing-java-boilerplate-code-with-lombok-with-eclipse-installation/

Cheers,
- Ole