commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbutils] Adding fluent api
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 22:24:23 GMT
Awesome. Thank you for the letting us know.
In fact I went ahead and started working on this.
https://github.com/malakeel/dbutils

What I had in mind, is a multiple components to be added under DBUtils,
* DML component: implementation for fluent API  DML (Data manuplation)
 include MERGE or UPSERT introduced by SQL 2003.

Would be nice in the future to add (I didn't think a lot  about those, yet)
* DDL component: implemenation for fluent API for DDL
* DCL component: implmentation for fluent API for Data Control
* Schema Component: a component that makes it easy to get information
about DB, schemas, tables and their structures.

I was hoping to see them in a separate components next to the current
DBUtil component renamed.

I will defintly have a look at your fork. I know there's a lot of good
implementations out there. In my opinion, we need one that's
maintained by a community.

Thank you William.