commons-dev mailing list archives

From "LeVan,Ralph" <le...@oclc.org>
Subject [CLI] Configure Options from usage statement??
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 20:25:26 GMT
My apologies if I'm going about this wrong.

Several years ago I wrote a layer on top of JSAP to configure its parser from a simple usage
statement.  I tried to push that code back to the developer, with no success.  I'd like to
see that code get into production somewhere so I can stop using my private fork.

For JSAP, configuration turned into this:
        SimplerJSAP jsap = new SimplerJSAP("dbname [--taglist<String>] [--alternativeTagpaths<File>]");
        JSAPResult config = jsap.parse(args);

This is much simpler and much much more readable than the JSAP code and it looks to me like
the CLI version is just as complicated.

Would there be any interest in me contributing such a layer on top of CLI?

Thanks!

Ralph

--

Ralph LeVan

OCLC * Senior Research Scientist, OCLC Research

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio USA 43017

T +1-614-764-6115

[OCLC]<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_logo>

OCLC.org<http://www.oclc.org/home.en.html?cmpid=emailsig_link> * Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCLC/20530435726>
* Twitter<http://twitter.com/oclc> * YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/OCLCvideo>