commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL][COMPRESS] security reports page naming
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:13:16 GMT
Commons Compress has a Security Reports page:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/security.html

which contains details of known security issues.

The page links to the general commons security page
http://commons.apache.org/security.html
for details of how to report security issues.

I think it is a good idea to have both pages, but I wonder whether it
might be less confusing if the pages had slightly different names?

Especially since CP 37 site.xml has a bug which means that the
Security link under General Information is resolved as being relative
to the component. [This is a "feature" of Maven site when used with
parent POMs].

If a component wants to provide a security report page, I suggest it
should be called "security-report.html" or similar.

Compress seems to be the only one with such a page so far, so it would
not involve much work.