commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VALIDATOR] Update on TLD list and assistance for new contributor
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 06:10:19 GMT
Hello Ayoma,

welcome to the dev list. Sorry for the delay, I'm pretty busy at work
currently...

> Dear Dev Team,
>
> Thought, I have been a regular user of Apache projects, I am new to
> contributing towards Apache way.
>
> After going through multiple contributor guidelines, I decided to start
> with Apache Commons Validation. Mainly because one of our local
> parameterised unit test was failing due to TLD list not been up-to date.
>
> It was notices that team was discussing about making the list configurable,
> but for the moment I have provided a patch with below JIRA issue :
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VALIDATOR-367
>

> As a fresh contributor, I am not very sure if I have done any mistake in
> filing the bug and providing the patch file. It would be great if any of
> you can correct me if I was wrong. I hope I am not supposed to mark the
> issue resolved even though I have provided a path (as a committer should
> merge the patch to source).

Please give me some time to review the proposed changes. I'll have a look
as soon as I have more time for Apache again.

> Finally, I am interested in VALIDATOR-341 as well as VALIDATOR-351. Are we
> not planning to implement these as Validator2 is in progress?

We have not started work on Validator2 yet. If you like to see this
happening, we can talk about this in more detail.

Thank you!
Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/