commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Karma necessary for Release Manager roles
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:30:47 GMT
On 2015-06-23, Gary Gregory wrote:

>> sebb wrote:

>>> I think it would be useful to allow non-PMC members to act as
>>> release manager.  This means relaxing some of the existing technical
>>> restrictions.

> Just be clear, that would mean that any Apache Committer could release any
> Apache Commons component.

... could prepare a release and call for a vote.  It would still by the
PMC vote that made it a release.

This is not what Sebb suggested, aynway.  He talked about re-purposing
the now unused Commons LDAP group for non-PMCers that are allowed to cut
releases.

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com  wrote:

>> I think that every committer shall be able to do a release for a
>> commons component after it has been discussed on the mailinglist.

I agree, we'd still have PMC oversight.  The middleground suggested by
sebb would work for me as well, but I don't see why it would be
necessary.

Stefan