commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] Working on some old issues
Date Sun, 10 May 2015 14:19:57 GMT
I think the first job is to ensure that the build works with Maven2/3,
having tidied up the layout to conform with Maven2/3 conventions
(src/test/java and src/main/java etc).

I see that a start has been made, but it looks like there is some way to go yet.

On 10 May 2015 at 10:48, Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi Paul
>> if I remember well how the patches of Kohsuke landed, I remember I was
> unable to apply them because they seemed to be breaking some of the
> "standard command-line jelly". I think I remember that a pluggeable
> context was discussed but, maybe, was not developed.
> Any kind of background on old issues is welcome! Before I start to work on any issue,
> I'll triage old issues, try to find some low hanging fruits, and then will start a one
or two dayresearch on the mailing list to see if I can learn as much as possible before coding.
>>I have not been able to save cycles to address more issues of Jelly and
> I know of some other folks, fellows in research in learning technology,
> that were, looking forward to getting more releases of jelly at the time
> I met them.
>
> I will work a little bit every weekend on triage issues, but will have a one or two week
cyclein the middle of June and in July (lovely weather for coding; cold, cloudy, and raining
a lot :)

>>Hope it helps.
>>I am happy to help you if I can towards making it better.
>
> It definitely helps. Very happy for having someone I can ask questions about some old
issuesin [jelly] :)
> ThanksBruno

Commons committer too, and submitted some issues. I intend to investigate if that'd be doable
fix the issues to a point that Jenkins can drop the patched version, and [jelly] can be updated
and released again.