commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ayoma Wijethunga <ayoma...@gmail.com>
Subject [VALIDATOR] Update on TLD list and assistance for new contributor
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 07:04:22 GMT
Dear Dev Team,

Thought, I have been a regular user of Apache projects, I am new to
contributing towards Apache way.

After going through multiple contributor guidelines, I decided to start
with Apache Commons Validation. Mainly because one of our local
parameterised unit test was failing due to TLD list not been up-to date.

It was notices that team was discussing about making the list configurable,
but for the moment I have provided a patch with below JIRA issue :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VALIDATOR-367

As a fresh contributor, I am not very sure if I have done any mistake in
filing the bug and providing the patch file. It would be great if any of
you can correct me if I was wrong. I hope I am not supposed to mark the
issue resolved even though I have provided a path (as a committer should
merge the patch to source).

Finally, I am interested in VALIDATOR-341 as well as VALIDATOR-351. Are we
not planning to implement these as Validator2 is in progress?

Thank you,
Ayoma.