commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Email 1.4 Based on RC1
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 19:13:56 GMT
Hello Thomas,

thank you for pushing another release of [email]. Here is my review of
email 1.4 RC 1:

- Hashes and signatures look good
- Tag and sources archive have the same content
- builds from sources with Java 7+8 and Maven 3.3.3 on Mac OS X 10.10
- Site and reports look good.

Observations:
- Changes report has an entry for 1.0-rc8 and 1.0-rc6-SNAPSHOT. Looks
strange to me, but seems to have been around for longer now. Maybe we can
drop this?
- Maven staging repo contains the source and binary archives. According to
our docs, those should be removed before closing the staging repo.
- Release notes look good, BUT the header says "Commons Email Package".
AFAIK is should be "Apache Commons Email". Should be fixed for the next
release or if another RC has to be created.

Nothing critical for me, good work!

+1

Benedikt