commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang] Check for Duplicate Event Listener
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 17:12:04 GMT
Hello Matthew,

> I would like to add support to check for a duplicate event listener to the
> org.apache.commons.lang3.event.EventListenerSupport class.
> This would save me (and possibly others) from then checking the listeners
> before adding.
>
>    1. Should I just submit a ticket or should I implement a change within
>    GitHub?

If you're planning to contribute via GitHub, I recommend reading the
CONTRIBUTING.md [1] in the repository. It should have alle the information
you need.

>    2. Since I doubt that a global change would be appreciated, what would
>    an acceptable method for signaling duplicate detection be?
>       1. Flag in the constructor?
>       2. Flag in the addListener method?

I agree with James' latest message. It should go to e specific add method.
Please don't modify the existing method signatures, but add an overload
since we would otherwise break binary compatibility.

Thank you!
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

--