commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <krosenv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Add ThreadUtils
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2015 11:19:49 GMT
If think later (in 2025 :-) you just make interface ThreadPredicate
extend java.util.function.Predicate.

Kristian

> Hi,
>
> there is currently a discussion on github about the addition of a low level utility class
which helps to retrieve Threads [1]. The latest proposal is to implement a predicate based
approach for filtering threads [2]. My opinion is, that we should not add such an API at all,
because we would have to revert it anyway, when we upgrade [lang] to Java 8. Further more
I don't think it is a good idea to add a generic Pedicate interface to [lang]. This will only
cause confusion for users already using Java 8. So if we really want to add predicate based
API in ThreadUtils, it should IMHO Look like this: