commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ansell <ansell.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Apache at Github
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:18:43 GMT
On 29 April 2015 at 23:51, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> On 29/04/2015 14:18, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> All pull requests are manually merged by a committer and then pushed
>>> to git-wip-us. The git-wip-us repository is then automatically
>>> mirrored back to GitHub. GitHub will then automatically close the Pull
>>> Request when they see that there is a merge commit that combines the
>>> commits from the Pull Request back into the branch the Pull Request
>>> was targeted at.
>>>

>> I haven't found out how to get this right. Do we have documentation at the
>> ASF hwo to do this right? I've only managed to mark PRs as closed when
>> merging them back by adding "This closes #61" to the merge commit message.
>> Is it possible to mark PRs as merged at github?
>
> No. Commenting in the commit message is the way to do it.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. However, I am sure that I
have manually pushed merge commits without "closes #NN" in any of the
comments in the past directly to GitHub for other projects and the
pull request has been closed by it (and the same goes for
BitBucket/Stash in my experience).

One recent pull request that I closed without "closes #NN" on it was:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/pull/1

I looked through all of the commit messages just now again and I can't
see "closes #1" on them, but the pull request was quite promptly
closed automatically by GitHub when I pushed the merge commit to
git-wip-us.

Cheers,

Peter