commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Add ThreadUtils
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2015 11:26:33 GMT

Send from my mobile device

> Am 12.04.2015 um 13:19 schrieb Kristian Rosenvold <krosenvold@apache.org>:
>
> If think later (in 2025 :-) you just make interface ThreadPredicate
> extend java.util.function.Predicate.

Well, isn't that exactly what I suggested? :o)

> Kristian

>> Hi,
>>
>> there is currently a discussion on github about the addition of a low level utility
class which helps to retrieve Threads [1]. The latest proposal is to implement a predicate
based approach for filtering threads [2]. My opinion is, that we should not add such an API
at all, because we would have to revert it anyway, when we upgrade [lang] to Java 8. Further
more I don't think it is a good idea to add a generic Pedicate interface to [lang]. This will
only cause confusion for users already using Java 8. So if we really want to add predicate
based API in ThreadUtils, it should IMHO Look like this: