commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] JMX question
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:20:23 GMT
On 4/26/15 9:23 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> In I see:
>
>     private String jmxNameBase = DEFAULT_JMX_NAME_PREFIX;
>
> Shouldn;t that be:
>
>     private String jmxNameBase = DEFAULT_JMX_NAME_BASE;
>
> ?

There is a comment in the code indicating that we may want to
combine these two properties in 3.x.  The RHS that looks more
natural would assign null, which I don't think we want to do.  It
would be good to document a little more fully exactly how these
properties work from public API standpoint.  The idea is to allow
the pool to self-register with default name if it is configured to
register itself and the user has not supplied naming info.

Phil