commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul F Fraser <pa...@a2zliving.com>
Subject [Daemon] Private JVM on OSX with jsvc
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 12:03:35 GMT
Hi,
It seems that the private jre provided in the OSX jdk can be copied out and used standalone.

I am trying to modify jsvc to be used with an OSX private jre without complete success.

First I have modified location.c and java.c to be able to find and load jvm.cfg, libjvm.dylib
and
libverify.dylib.

When Internal Options are listed in the debug output an "abort" entry is listed and this is
followed
by;-

No Java runtime present, requesting install.
Service exit with a return value of 97.

A dialogue opens and asks for Java 6 to be installed!

It seems to be dying in the following code from java.c

     /* And finally create the Java VM */
#if defined(OSD_POSIX)
     ret = JNI_CreateJavaVM(&jvm, &env, &arg);
#else
     ret = (*symb) (&jvm, &env, &arg);
#endif
     if (ret < 0) {
         log_error("Cannot create Java VM");
         return false;
     }
     log_debug("Java VM created successfully");

Is anyone able to offer any clues as to what I might be missing, or if what I am trying to
do is at
all possible?

I am not a C programmer but I can understand some of what is going on in the code :)

Regards

Paul Fraser