commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC1
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 16:31:29 GMT
Hi all,

We have fixed quite a few bugs and added some significant enhancements
since Commons Lang 3.3.2 was released, so I would like to release Commons
Lang 3.4.

Commons Lang 3.4 RC1 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (svn revision 8466)

Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1085/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/

Details of changes since 3.3.2 are in the release notes:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC1/changes-report.html

I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 EA using maven 3. Note
that the site build doesn't work with Java 8 and 9 due to problems with
Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).

The tag is here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC1/
(svn 1669797)

Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC1/
  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)

Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC1/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC1/rat-report.html

KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 17:30 CET 31-March 2015

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...