commons-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Badges for github README.md
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:51:31 GMT
Sorry to interrupt - this is not a "for" or "against" comment but
something I want to make sure was considered.

Apache is independent of any commercial entity.

For example, there was a discussion about the "github/forkme" stripe in
project home pages.  The outcome was that it was too much like endorsing
one commercial player.

This isn't the same but some of those are commercial operations.
Anything that implies endorsement of their services needs to be
carefully handled.

	Andy