commons-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help to publish jcs 2.0-beta-1 site
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 19:33:30 GMT
On 03/03/2015 08:11 PM, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> Is this a staging repo for maven central? If we publish this, any further
> beta releases must not break binary compatibility. Are you aware of this?
>
> I've logged into nexus, but I cannot see the staging repository.

the staging repo has already been released, see here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-jcs/

It's a beta release, so I guess people are aware that the final release
might not be fully compatible.

I can remember, when I tried to make a beta release for collections 4,
there was strong opposition and we ended up releasing an alpha and *not*
publishing to maven central.

It also looks like that the release process as described in
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html was not really followed
for jcs, several items on the list are missing.

Probably better the next time that a more experienced RM provides help.

Thomas