commons-dev mailing list archives

From sarahkm1972 <sarahkm1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC3
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:42:17 GMT
+100 to RERO. +1000 to release before we're all dead. It's been a decade
people. Just cut a release already. You can always cut another one later.
Stop with the excuses

Whatever you want to call it - alpha, beta, RC, final, anything. Java 8
users are left in a lurch. Compiling libraries is not a realistic solution.
As stated previously by others we would also have to patch and compile
libraries depending on BCEL and also figure the transitive dependency graph
for everything we use since we can't use Maven to do that due to BCEL not
being in Maven. This is a huge huge pain because we're big Scala users and
rely heavily on the Typesafe ecosystem which is dropping support for Java 7
in all of its products and already has in Play Framework and Akka as well as
others like its Config library.

--S.