commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gonçalo Marques <goncalodinismarq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [collections] COLLECTIONS-551
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 20:34:40 GMT
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:05 PM, Thomas Neidhart
<thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/01/2015 08:47 PM, Gonçalo Marques wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM, Thomas Neidhart
>> <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> yes, CollectionUtils contains a few methods that have been added after
>>> 4.0 (current 4.1-SNAPSHOT). These methods should be moved without
>>> replacement to the new IterablesUtils.
>>
>> I just need you to confirm that the following github tag is the 4.0
>> release (I prefer to rely on a true diff rather than the @since
>> javadoc tag):
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/commons-collections/tree/COLLECTIONS_4_0
>
> I think so, but the relevant methods should all have the @since 4.1 tag.
>
> Anyway, before committing anything I will run a clirr check to see if
> everything is ok.
>
> You can do this btw. yourself too if you run "mvn clean site" and
> afterwards open the clirr report.

Hi,

The methods introduced in 4.1-SNAPSHOT which became deprecated with
COLLECTIONS-551 are now removed from CollectionUtils.

I also checked the clirr report and it does not complain about changes
related with this issue. It does complain although about another class
which became abstract (AbstractIterableGetMapDecorator).

Meanwhile I've created another pull request [1] with the correct
naming convention in order to generate the automatic JIRA update by
the ASF GitHub Bot.

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-collections/pull/9

Gonçalo

> Thomas