commons-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ansell <ansell.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Design guidelines and SemVer
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:49:06 GMT
On 15 February 2015 at 21:29, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
<snip>

> We like to underline, that we have no experience with the RDF
> specification. From a technical point of view we can help to develop the
> proposed API (according to our design guide lines [3]).

Hi Benedikt,

On my personal projects I tend to work from the SemVer specification
[5], which isn't oriented to Java specifically, but operates with the
same general principles.

How open is the Commons project to formally use the SemVer
specification as a dependency of the (probably much older)
specification published at [3] and expand on it to provide definitions
specific to Java.

The main reason would be that SemVer, although it has a relatively
short history, is fairly widely used across different languages and
potentially easier to recognise for outsiders.

Cheers,

Peter

[5] http://semver.org/