commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alina Ciobanu <alinamaria.ciob...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [Math] Contributions to the clustering module (maybe GSoC)
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2015 13:06:20 GMT
Hello everyone,
My name is Alina Ciobanu. I'm a first-year Ph.D. student in computer science (NLP) at the
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest, Romania. I am interested
in contributing to the Apache Commons Math library. My idea is to work on the clustering module,
to implement spectral clustering, maybe also the mean shift algorithm, and some clustering
validation methods. Would you please tell me if you think that such a contribution would be
useful to the Commons Math users? If so, I will provide more details about what I have in
mind. Any suggestions are welcome.
I am also thinking about applying to Google Summer of Code this year. I haven't decided yet
because I am not sure, at this moment, if my schedule for this summer would allow it. Thus,
this question is only in perspective: would anyone from the Commons Math community be interested
in mentoring a GSoC project (on the clustering module, as described above, or on something
related)?
Best regards,Alina Ciobanu