commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][RDF] Separate mailing list for Commons RDF
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:21:22 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:53:35 +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> Words without semantics...
>
> ...and it's still the term we are using:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/components.html

You miss my point(s): It's totally clear what a component is,
as defined by "Commons". The issue is how it relates to the
"Commons project" management.

├ľne point is that the "Commons project" releases _independent_
components (cf. the other post); there is no relationship
whatsoever between the components.

The principal usefulness of "Commons" is that it can be a home
to "little" programming projects.
But with it comes a slew of unnecessary hindrance, as felt by
some people.
It's just a pity that the only answer is "go TLP"...

Gilles