commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] (lazy consensus) Release Commons Parent 37
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:42:04 GMT
On 27 January 2015 at 08:10, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:

>> Hello All,
>>
>> The Apache Commons Parent POM provides common settings for all Apache
>> Commons components.
>>

>> This is a VOTE to release Commons Parent 37 from RC2.
>>

>> This VOTE by LAZY-CONSENSUS is open for at least 72 hours until
>> January 28 11:30 UTC.
>>

>> Changes in this version include:
>>
>> Update plugins, add Animal Sniffer and site-basic profile
>>
>> New features:
>> o                   Added Animal Sniffer profile (active by default)
>> o                   Allow to configure dependency excludes of
>> bundle-plugin with commons.osgi.excludeDependencies
>> o                   Added property commons.changes.onlyCurrentVersion
>> for changes plugin Jira report
>> o                   Allow changes Jira report maxEntries to be
>> overridden (default 100)
>> o                   Allow changes Jira report runOnlyAtExecutionRoot
>> to be overridden
>> o                   Added site-basic profile to allow quick generation
>> of the basic site docs
>>
>> Changes:
>> o                   Update minimum Maven prerequisite (as defined by
>> Findbugs) 3.0 -> 3.0.1
>> o                   Update org.apache:apache 15 to 16 (nop for
>> Commons: maven-compiler-plugin already contained source/target)
>> o                   Update Maven Project Info Reports Plugin : 2.7 => 2.8
>> o                   merged maven-3 profile into main body (Maven 2 is
>> no longer supported)
>> o                   renamed the profile jdk7-findbugs to
>> jdk7-plugin-fix-version
>> o                   Update GPG Plugin : 1.5 => 1.6
>> o                   Update Antrun Plugin : 1.7 => 1.8
>>

>> The files:
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1079/
>>
>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/37/commons-parent-37.pom
>> (SHA1: a85dfae7a1295e5aed75bd952e6795
>> 832e4abcc5)
>>
>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/37/commons-parent-37-site.xml
>> (SHA1: 4353be4df574c893f54baea75a816a80d892322a)
>>
>> KEYS:
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>
>> The tag:
>>

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/tags/commons-parent-37-RC2/
>>   Revision:  1654641
>>
>> The site: None.
>>

> +/-0
>
> I've created a git fork and activated Travis CI for it [1]. It only works
> for oraclejdk7. openjdk6 fails because of the FindBugs plugin, which seems
> to require Java 7.

Yes, it does, but there is a profile (jdk7-plugin-fix-version) to fix
the Findbugs version.
It should use 2.5.5 unless the profile is activated, in which case it
uses 3.0.0, which does require Java7

There's a bug in the lang pom.xml; it unconditionally uses 3.0.0
instead of commons.findbugs.version
So nothing to do with CP 37 (it would also fail with CP 36)

> oraclejdk8 fails during site build with invalid byte tag
> in constant pool foobar. I did not have to time yet to dig into that.

Need to run Maven with -e commandline flag to debug that